Monday, April 30, 2012

Ocean Counting Odd Numbers - A Fun Reading, Math + Science Book




Ocean Counting Odd Numbers by Jerry Pallotta is a very cool book!

Children will enjoy learning about LOTS of different ocean animals while counting and naming all the odd numbers from 1 to 49.  What a great way to combine reading, math, and science!  Kids will have fun learning about some very interesting, beautiful, and "odd" ocean animals.




Aren't these illustrations by Shennen Bersani wonderful and so interesting?

As a follow up to reading the story, children could create some of the ocean animals in the book or review odd (and even) numbers.

Here's some links to some of my earlier posts to give you some ideas.

How to draw crustaceans, crabs, etc.
http://learningideasgradesk-8.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-draw-crustaceans-crab-lobster.html

 Odd and Even Numbers Coloring Page
http://learningideasgradesk-8.blogspot.com/2012/04/odd-and-even-coloring-page.html 

Have Fun! 





Name Your Link

6 comments:

  1. My son would LOVE this!! I just pinned this post so I remember to see if our library has the book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This author really does a nice job with all his books! :) ... great for kids!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post! I just ordered these and will add to my hermit crab unit!
    Sandi
    Literacy Minute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia! I just came across your post. Thank you for mentioning the book! It was a delight illustrating it! Jerry helped me find most of the sea creatures I illustrated. How cool is that!

    I hope you can check out some of the other books I have illustrated - Jerry and I have a new butterfly book coming out in the spring (2013)! Hope you'll like that one, too!

    Shennen Bersani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article! It really interesting to read. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...