Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Using a Magic Slate Toy in Math Class

While visiting my favorite used book store in the mall, and looking in the toy section, I found these COOL Magic Slate Boards! At least that's what I remember calling them when I was a kid (100 years ago)! But this one is a little different. It has dots on it (just like the math dot paper) and the price was only 99 cents!





These boards can be used for kids to practice lots of GEOMETRY Concepts!

  • shapes - polygons
  • congruent figures
  • similar figures
  • angles
  • line symmetry
  • rotational symmetry
  • perimeter
  • area
  • etc.

The slates can be used in math centers! What kid wouldn't want to use one?

Did you notice that my slate board is written in Spanish? I'll have to get out my Spanish dictionary to read it! It looks like there are lots of good educational ideas written on the back of the board. I can't wait to learn other ways to use the slate board. If you have more ideas, please send them to me!

Have fun with math!



__________________________________

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm stopping by from the alexa blog hop! I'd love it if you'd stop by my page at http://moneysavingmindy.blogspot.com. :)

    Thanks!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy,
    Thanks for stopping by. I'll visit you very soon.
    Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia:

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    There for a minute, I thought we had posted about similar things (For some reason, my mind read magnetic slate instead of magic slate!)
    I think my kids would love this "slate"--and my Spanish speakers would be euphoric!
    I'll be on the lookout for one of these!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ideal activity for helping with the learning of shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic slate is good option to teach kids while they playing magic tricks by drawing geometrical figures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...